ZEISS is a dynamic, innovative technology company.
Position: Senior System Engineer
Development and continuous improvement of Xradia’s 3D-CT x-ray microscopes from concept through delivery and installation.
Responsible for development of new engineering and continuous improvement projects (CIP) related to advanced X-ray imaging instruments.
Responsibilities include: defining engineering requirements in coordination with Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD), design support, generation of test plans and schedules. Must have sufficient mechanical and electrical skills to be able to assemble and test first article designs. Carry development cycle through to engineering completion and manufacturing release. Support manufacturing integration and field introduction, generate assembly and test procedures, provide training to support manufacturing.
- Define engineering requirements in coordination with MRD.
- Manage projects from inception to delivery, generating and tracking with Gantt charts.
- Perform system level development of Xradia’s high resolution 3D tomography X-ray microscope product.
- Define and execute system level test criteria/plans and documentation.
- Develop assembly and test documentation for release to manufacturing.
- Perform mechanical and electrical design tasks with team members in a concurrent engineering fashion.
- Contribute to internal procedures, user manuals, release notes, application notes.
- Occasionally attend or present at technical conferences and customer events.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite & MS Project applications.
- Hands-on technical problem solving is key in this position.
- Sufficient mechanical and electrical skills, capable of assembling and testing first article designs.
- Familiarity with Matlab, JUMP, software programming, Delta Tau PEWIN, AutoCAD a plus.
- Ability to design and perform proof of principle experiments.
- Computer data acquisition and numeric data analysis skills.
- Proficiency with common high-tech instrumentation and diagnostic tools.
- Strong general laboratory skills and trouble shooting of complex electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, collaboration skills.
- Ability to explain complex design issues, design patterns, and new technology to team members.
- Strong customer-facing skills and strong desire to understand end-user applications.
- Ability to work effectively in and contribute to a team environment.
Some lifting of heavy objects.
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related disciplines.
Minimum 5-7 years of experience involved with the development and project management of microscopy or metrology capital equipment.
Position requires some travel for customer visits and system installations.
To submit your interest, please send your resume to:
4358 Hopyard Road, Suite 100
Pleasanton CA 94588
Xradia, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Thank you for your interest.